aaaack! what do you do when you get invited to dinner while on a 30 day cleanse? easy! you say, “absolutely”, you set up the time and place and you go and enjoy. it’s no big deal. just a few tips:
1. stay on track throughout the day, remembering to drink all of your water.
2. time your afternoon snack a little later so you don’t go to dinner famished.
3. check out the menu before you go (preferably at a time when you’re not hungry) and decide ahead of time what you will order.
4. stick to your plan and don’t let yourself get sidetracked, especially by appetizers, desserts and drinks.
5. if you’re a wino like me, ask them to bring your water (or sparkling water) in a wine glass.
there may be times when you will choose to have that small piece of dessert or that 1 glass of wine, because afterall, this is a lifestyle, but be discerning about the placement and frequency of those during the 30 days. after the 30 days you can be more flexible, but remember, this is a time to reset so stick as close to plan as possible while showing yourself some grace where needed. and smile….don’t forget to smile.
day 3 in the rear view.
breakfast: 2 scoops of Vanilla IsaLean shake mix, 1 scoop of IsaFruits blended with ice and water.
mid morning snack: lots of fresh veggies, a little bit of hummus and a little bit of cheese.
lunch: Dairy Free Vanilla Chai shake blended with 1/2 a banana, ice and water.
afternoon snack: vanilla greek yogurt with pepita, hemp and chia seeds
dinner: mahi mahi with risotto and carrot puree with jalepenos. i easily avoided the wine and dessert, but confess that i nibbled on the table appetizers. i couldn’t resist a few fried pickle chips.
and…as usual, lots and lots of water. see ya tomorrow.